1. Unpack the box to find two(2) plastic impression trays (med. and large), two(2) containers of impression putty material (one-white and one-orange), zip lock bags, registration form, and a priority (already stamped) mail envelope for return.
2. Select one of the two plastic impression trays that fits more comfortably around your upper teeth. This kit is not for children and those with braces. Please contact us, if you have any questions.
3. Set aside the tray that is not being used.
4. Remove the putty impression material from each container separately. Mix both portions completely and quickly using your fingers and the palms of your hands until a solid orange color is reached. This should take no more than 30 seconds.
5. Form a hot dog shape with all the putty. Quickly place the material in the U-shaped well of the impression tray. Use thumbs to press putty against front of tray. Do not extend putty beyond the back of the impression tray. This should not take longer than 15 seconds..
6. Immediately place the loaded impression tray in your mouth, centering the handle under your nose. Applying full pressure, push firmly upward. THE NEXT STEP IS VERY IMPORTANT! While holding the handle, BITE DOWN ON TRAY (CANNOT BE TIMID) TO MAKE A DEEP IMPRESSSION. The entire teeth and part of the gums are covered in the impression putty. Pucker lips to mold soft putty around the gums. Hold the tray in your mouth with the thumbs for 3 minutes. Your impression should look like the accompanying photo..
7. Remove the impression tray from your mouth and rinse with lukewarm water. Keep the finished impression in the tray and insert into the provided zip-lock bag. Fill out the registration form completely and insert in second zip-lock bag. Place the bags in the blue plastic box.
8. Place the blue plastic box in the pre-paid, self-addressed Priority mail envelope. Be sure to include your return address. Send the package back to Nose Breathe. You will have a professional, custom-fitted nose breathe mouthpiece sent back to you.
Additional Lower Teeth Impression Steps For NB for Heavy Mouth Breather
9. Select one of the two plastic impression trays that fits more comfortable around your lower teeth. This kit is not for children and those with braces. Please contact us if you have any questions.
10. Follow mixing and loading instructions 4 and 5. Work with a watch. The putty materials are time-sensitive so work quickly and carefully.
11. Immediately place the lower impression tray in your mouth. Center the handle over the lower lip and press firmly with your fingers. THE NEXT STEP IS VERY IMPORTANT! While holding the handle, BITE DOWN ON TRAY (CANNOT BE TIMID) TO MAKE A DEEP IMPRESSSION. The entire teeth and part of the gums are covered in the impression putty. Pucker lips to mold soft putty around the gums. Hold the tray in your mouth with the fingers for 3 minutes. Remove the impression tray from your mouth and rinse in lukewarm water.
12. In a separate plastic bag is a triangular shaped pink wax. Soften wax in lukewarm water. Place wax between teeth. Bite into wax on your front teeth. Or make a normal [comfortable] bite. It is like biting into a sandwich. The Nose Breathe is a NEW tongue retaining oral appliance and the lower jaw does not need to come forward; thereby, placing less pressure on the temporo-mandibular joints (TMJ).
Practice first. Bite once into wax. Do not chew. If one has an under bite (the lower teeth protrude in front of the upper teeth), bite into wax as one does normally.
13. Follow packing and shipping instructions 7 and 8.
Steven K. Sue, D.D.S., M.S., Inc. Honolulu, HI USA Tel. (808) 949-8876